Today Cricket Match Prediction, Peshawar Zalmi vs Multan Sultans, PSL T20 2021, 5th Match. Who Will Win, On Feb 23, 2021
Table of Contents
Full Details of Today Match Prediction
The cricket fans are ready to witness yet another big battle of PSL T20. The 5th Match of Pakistan Super League 2021 is scheduled to play between Peshawar Zalmi and Multan Sultans on Tuesday, 23rd February 2021 at National Stadium, Karachi. We are posting safe, accurate, and secure today match prediction for all matches of PSL free.
Peshawar Zalmi Previews
Peshawar Zalmi failed to have a kick start to this season of Pakistan Super League and was beaten by Lahore Qalandars in their very first match by the margin of four wickets. The batting order of Zalmi almost collapsed in the first match. Except for Ravi Bopara, no batsmen from their side could put some big runs on the board. Their key top-order batsmen like Imam-ul-Haq and Haidar Ali failed to open the account on the scoreboard and were out on a golden duck. Kamran Akmal, who the highest run-scorer in the history of PSL, could manage to score just five runs. Shoaib Malik showed some strength and scored 26 runs. Sherfane Rutherford also scored 26 runs. There is no doubt that the batting order of the Zalmi is strong and experienced and now, they have to prove it. Haider Ali, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal, and Imam ul Haq had to play a key role to improve the batting of Zalmi.
Like the batting, the bowling department of Peshawar Zalmi is also strong and experienced and they also proved this in the first match of this tournament. The skipper, Wahab Riaz, and Saqib Mahmood picked two wickets each while Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Mujeeb Ur Rahman picked one wicket each. The skipper, Wahab Riaz gave a chance after breaking the biosecure bubble. The bowling unit of Peshawar Zalmi is also strong and experienced. Wahab Riaz has the ability to pick the wickets early in the power play. Saqib Mahmood also proved himself in the first match. Mujeeb Ur Rahman can be beneficial on the pitch in Karachi. If the batting order of Zalmi put a total of 160 plus on the board, the bowling unit of this team has the ability to defend it.
Multan Sultans Previews
Multan Sultans lost the opening match of this tournament against Islamabad United. That was a match that Sultans could easily win but a couple of drop catches and some miss fielding were the reasons behind their loss. The batting order of Multan Sultans showed its strength in the first match. The skipper, Mohammad Rizwan continued his good form in this match and scored 71 runs. Carlos Brathwaite also showed some power hitting but no other batsmen performed well. Chris Lynn scored just one run while Shahid Afridi was bowled out on a duck. Rilee Rossouw scored 25 runs while James Vince had 16 runs to his name. Sohaib Maqsood and Khushdil Shah also failed to perform well.
The bowling department of Multan Sultans performed well in the previous match but due to some drop catches, misfielding and leakage of 19 runs in the 2nd last over of their inning, they failed to defend the target of 150 runs. Usman Qadir and Imran Tahir were not part of the playing eleven. Carlos Brathwaite and Shahid Afridi picked two wickets each while Mohammad Umar and Khushdil Shah picked one wicket each. Sohaibullah and Sohail Tanveer failed to pick any wicket. Sohail Tanveer was charged for 38 runs in four overs.
Peshawar Zalmi vs Multan Sultans Head To Head Matches
Peshawar Zalmi had faced Multan Sultans in 6 matches where they won two matches while Multan Sultans also won four matches.
Favorite Team in Today Match Prediction
According to our today prediction, Peshawar Zalmi is the favorite team to win this match. There are many factors that make Peshawar Zalmi a favorite team to win this match.
Peshawar Zalmi is overall a well-balanced team as compared to the Multan Sultans
The batting order of Peshawar Zalmi is strong and in good form
Peshawar Zalmi have an average batting order on the side
The bowling unit of Sultans also looks strong at least on papers
Winning Chances of Today Match for the Both Sides
Peshawar Zalmi is overall a strong team as compared to the Multan Sultans especially when it comes to batting. The batting and bowling squad of the Peshawar Zalmi is strong at least on papers, so the winning chances of today match for Peshawar Zalmi have been increased. The equation of winning chances of both teams for today match is mentioned as under.
Peshawar Zalmi have 51% chance to win this match Multan Sultans has 49% chances to win this match
Toss Prediction in Today Match Prediction
The toss is going to play a key role in the decision of all matches of the Pakistan Super League. We had seen in the previous editions of this tournament that chase is the best option for both teams at the venue of Karachi. Almost 75% of matches had been won by the bowling first. According to our toss prediction, the team that will win the toss may choose to field first.
Pitch Report and Conditions
The 5th Match of Pakistan Super League season 2021 is scheduled to be held at National Stadium, Karachi. The pitch here at this venue is flat good for batting as there is no bounce and pace. Outfield on this venue is very fast and the ball will travel to the boundary very quickly. It also has a lot of help for the spin bowlers but almost all teams in this tournament have a strong batting order so this does not matter. As per the live cricket score, a total of 180 runs should be a par score.
Weather Report for Today Match
The weather forecast in Karachi is good for a cricket match. The forecast is predicting almost no chances of rain on match day and we will have a full match to enjoy.
Full Match Info
Date: Tuesday, 23rd February 2021
Time: 02:00 PM GMT / 07:00 PM LOCAL / 07:30 PM IST
Venue Details, Facts, and History
Stadium: National Stadium
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Ends: Pavilion End, University End
Time Zone: UTC +05:00
Home to: Pakistan, Karachi
Venue Scoring Pattern in T20s
Total matches: 8
Matches won batting first: 4
Matches won bowling first: 4
Average 1st Inns scores: 173
Average 4th Inns scores: 130
Highest total recorded: 205/3 (20 Ov) by PAK vs WI
Lowest total recorded: 60/10 (13.4 Ov) by WI vs PAK
Highest score chased: 179/5 (19 Ov) by PSZ vs LQS
Lowest score defended: 141/7 (20 Ov) by KKS vs MTS
Multan Sultans Squad
Mohammad Rizwan (c & wk), Chris Lynn, James Vince, Sohaib Maqsood, Rilee Rossouw, Khushdil Shah, Shahid Afridi, Carlos Brathwaite, Sohail Tanvir, Mohammad Umar, Sohaibullah, Shan Masood, Imran Tahir, Shahnawaz Dhani, Sohail Khan.
Peshawar Zalmi Squad
Kamran Akmal (wk), Imam-ul-Haq, Haider Ali, Shoaib Malik, Ravi Bopara, Sherfane Rutherford, Amad Butt, Wahab Riaz (c), Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Saqib Mahmood, Mohammad Imran, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Mohammad Irfan, Mohammad Aamir Khan, Umaid Asif, Abrar Ahmed, Waqar Salamkheil, Mohammad Imran.