Today Cricket Match Prediction, Scotland vs Papua New Guinea, T20 World Cup, 5th Match. Who Will Win, On October 19, 2021
Table of Contents
The 5th Match of the T20 World Cup 2021 is scheduled to play Scotland vs Papua New Guinea on Tuesday, 19th October 2021 at Al Amerat Cricket Ground, Al Amerat.
Scotland ( SCO ) Reviews
Scotland had a poor batting start as they lost the toss and were asked to bat first by Bangladesh. They lost their key six batsmen on the total of just 56 runs but the partnership between Chris Greaves and Mark Watt helped this team to score a total of 140 runs on the board in their inning of 20 overs. Chris Greaves was the highest run-scorer from their side who scored 45 runs on 28 balls with the help of four boundaries and two huge sixes. George Munsey scored 29 runs while Mark Watt could manage to score 22 runs.
Papua New Guinea ( PNG ) Reviews
Papua New Guinea had lost their first match against Oman by a handsome margin of 10 wickets. The batting order of this team failed to put a big total on the board. They could manage to score 129 runs in their inning of 20 overs. Remember that they lost their both openers on a total of zero scores. Assad Vala was the most successful and highest run-scorer from their side who scored 56 runs on 43 balls with the help of four boundaries and three huge sixes. Charles Amini scored 37 runs while he faced 26 deliveries and smashed four boundaries and one huge six during his inning.
Scotland is overall a strong team as compared to Papua New Guinea at least on papers. According to our match prediction, Scotland is the favorite team that will win this match. There are many factors that make Scotland a favorite team to win this match. Some of the key factors are mentioned as under:
Scotland had beaten the favorite team of their group Bangladesh
The batting order of Scotland is strong and experienced
The bowling unit of Papua New Guinea is also strong
Both teams have a strong batting order in the side at least on papers
Scotland had given tough time to Scotland recently and we are sure they will easily beat PNG
Scotland is full of experienced and young players of the t20 format. The batting order of this team is also strong and some well-known hitters of the t20 format are part of the squad of this team, so the winning chances of today’s match for Scotland have been increased. The equation of who will win today’s cricket match prediction and who will win the cricket match today is mentioned as under.
Scotland has a 60% chance to win this match Papua New Guinea has a 40% chance to win this match
The toss will play an important role in the decision of all matches of World Cup T20. Having a good total on the board is always a big advantage in these kinds of big matches. According to our toss prediction, the team that will win the toss may choose to bat first.
Pitch Report & Conditions
The 5th Match match of World Cup T20 2020-21 is going to be held at Al Amerat Cricket Ground (Ministry Turf 1), Al Amerat. We had observed in the previous matches played here that the pitch here at this venue is good for batting. The track is slower than the others we have seen and helps the spinners quite a bit. We are hoping that the surface is bound to get slower and be a bit more difficult for batting in this match. A score of 180 is going to be tough to chase.
The weather forecast in Al Amerat is predicting some clouds around on match day but the weather forecast does not predict rain. We should be able to have a full uninterrupted match.
SCO vs PNG Fantasy Tips
Captain: George Munsey Vice-Captain: Brad Wheal Tony Ura, Kyle Coetzer, Assad Vala, Charles Amini, Matthew Cross, Safyaan Sharif, Nosaina Pokana, Mark Watt, Chris Greaves
Date: Tuesday, 19th October 2021 Time: 04:00 PM BD
Stadium: Al Amerat Cricket Ground
Location: Al Amerat, Oman
Known as: Oman Cricket Academy Ground
Ends: Al Amerat End, Pavilion End
Time Zone: UTC +04:00
Home to: Oman
Scoring Pattern in T20s
Total matches: 26
Matches won batting first: 11
Matches won bowling first: 15
Average 1st Inns scores: 149
Average 2nd Inns scores: 128
Highest total recorded: 210/4 (20 Ov) by KUW vs BHR
Lowest total recorded: 64/10 (11 Ov) by NEP vs OMAN
Highest score chased: 183/9 (20 Ov) by IRE vs NED
Lowest score defended: 140/9 (20 Ov) by SCO vs BAN
Papua New Guinea Squad
Assad Vala(c), Tony Ura, Lega Siaka, Charles Amini, Sese Bau, Norman Vanua, Simon Atai, Kiplin Doriga(w), Damien Ravu, Kabua Morea, Nosaina Pokana, Chad Soper, Jason Kila, Hiri Hiri, Gaudi Toka.
Kyle Coetzer(c), Matthew Cross(w), George Munsey, Richie Berrington, Calum MacLeod, Michael Leask, Chris Greaves, Mark Watt, Josh Davey, Safyaan Sharif, Bradley Wheal, Dylan Budge, Craig Wallace, Alasdair Evans, Hamza Tahir.