Today Cricket Match Prediction, Sri Lanka vs Pakistan, Asia Cup 2022, Super Four, 6th Match. Who Will Win, On September 09, 2022
Table of Contents
The Super Four 6th match of Asia Cup T20 2022 is scheduled to play between Sri Lanka and Pakistan on Friday, 9th September 2022 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai.
Asia Cup 2022 Super Four 6th Match Prediction Overview
Sri Lanka and Pakistan are in the final of Asia Cup 2022 and this match will be like a warmup for the final. Both teams had been good in this tournament and had beaten the teams like India and Afghanistan in the super four. Sri Lanks is playing this Asia Cup with young talent with some experienced players in the squad. They had lost just one match in Asia Cup 2022.
The most recent match of Pakistan was again a thriller one against Afghanistan which they won in the last over. Thanks to Naseem Shah who hit two sixes in the last over and secure an important win for Pakistan. We don’t think that Pakistan will make major changes in the final playing eleven and they will play with the same as it was against Afghanistan.
Sri Lanka Reviews
Sri Lanka is the second most successful team in the history of the Asia Cup and had won the most titles after India. They have a golden chance now to claim another title but it is not much easy as Pakistan had played decent cricket in this tournament. This match is the best chance for both teams to test their final playing eleven right before the final of Asia Cup 2022. The most recent match of Sri Lanka was a nail-biting against India which they won the last over. The bowling department of Sri Lanka is young but talented. They have the bowlers like Dilshan Madushanka, C Karunaratne, and Dasun Shanaka.
The bowling unit of Sri Lanka was not better against India where they leaked 173 runs in 20 overs. Dilshan Madushanka proved the most successful bowler with three wickets to his name. C Karunaratne and the skipper, Dasun Shanaka picked two wickets each while M Theekshana had one wicket to his name. The batting order of Sri Lanka also performed well in the previous match against India and chased the target of 174 runs in 19.5 overs. Kusal Mendis was the most successful and highest run-scorer from their side with 57 runs to his name in 37 balls with the help of four boundaries and three huge sixes. Pathum Nissanka also performed well and scored 52 runs. The skipper, Dasun Shanaka was the other batter who was good with the bat. He remained not out after scoring 33 runs on just 18 balls with the help of four boundaries and one huge six.
Pakistan had performed well in Asia Cup 2022 and they had lost just one match in this tournament against India. They beat Hong Kong, Afghanistan, and also India in this tournament. Their most recent match was a close one where they were on the winning side. Pakistan is going to play this match with the same playing eleven as match prediction is also confirming this. Pakistan should worry about the performance of their batting order. Babar Azam is not in good form as we had seen him in this edition of the Asia Cup. He even failed to open the account on the scoreboard in the previous match against Afghanistan and got LBW on a golden duck. The form of Fakhar Zaman also has a big question mark.
Fakhar Zaman had not scored many runs in this tournament but we think that he will get another chance to play this match. Mohammad Rizwan is the only batter from Pakistan who had been good in this tournament. Now he is the number one batter in ICC T20 men’s ranking and the second highest run-scorer in Asia Cup. Khushdil Shah and Iftikhar Ahmad had not still proved their selection right. Mohammad Nawaz was just good against India but could not score some big runs against Afghanistan. Shadab Khan is performing well with the bat and ball. The bowling unit of Pakistan also had been good. Naseem Shah is leading the bowling unit with Mohammad Hasnain, Haris Raus, Shahab Khan, and Mohammad Nawaz. Mohammad Nawaz and Shadab Khan will perform well in this match on the pitch of Dubai.
SL vs PAK Head-to-Head Records
Sri Lanka had just played 21 T20 matches against Pakistan where they had won 8 matches while Pakistan had won 13 matches against Sri Lanka.
Pakistan: Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Babar Azam (c), Fakhar Zaman, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain, Naseem Shah.
Sri Lanka is a very strong and experienced team in T20 cricket and we have no doubt that they are overall a strong team as compared to Pakistan at least on papers. According to our Asia Cup prediction, Sri Lanka is the favorite team who will win this 6th Match. There are many factors that make Sri Lanka a favorite team to win this 6th Match. Some of the key reasons are mentioned as under:
Both teams had not lost any match in Asia Cup Super Four
Pakistan had won most matches played against Sri Lanka
Mohammad Nawaz and Naseem Shah are in good form for Pakistan
The bowling unit of Pakistan is very strong and experienced
Sri Lanka is a combination of experienced and young players of the t20 foramt. The batting order of this team is also strong and some well-known hitters of the t20 format are part of the squad of this team, so the winning chances of today’s match for Sri Lanka have been increased. The equation of who will win today’s cricket match prediction and who will win the cricket 6th Match today is mentioned as under.
Sri Lanka has a 52% chance to win this 6th Match Pakistan has a 48% chance to win this 6th Match
The toss is going to play an important role in the decision of all matches of Asia Cup T20. Having a good total on the board is always a big advantage in these kinds of big Matches. According to our toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may choose to bat first.
Pitch Report and Conditions
The Super Four 6th match of Asia Cup T20 2022 is going to be held at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai. This pitch is offering a flat batting surface with a huge amount of pace and bounce. The track is slower than the others we have seen and helps the spinners quite a bit. We are hoping that the surface is bound to get slower and be a bit more difficult for batting in this 6th Match. A score of 170 to 180 is going to be tough to chase.
The weather forecast in Dubai will be hot and will also test the players physically. It is predicting some clouds around on Matchday but the weather forecast does not predict rain. We should be able to have a full uninterrupted 6th Match.
SL vs PAK Fantasy Tips
We will update you shortly.
Full Match Info
Date: Friday, 9th September 2022
Time: 02:00 PM GMT / 06:00 PM LOCAL / 07:30 PM IST
Venue Details, Facts,
Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Known as: Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium
Ends: Emirates Road End, Dubai Sports City End
Time Zone: UTC +04:00
Home to: United Arab Emirates
Curator: Tony Hemming
Venue Scoring Pattern in T20s
Total matches: 80
Matches won batting first: 35
Matches won bowling first: 44
Average 1st Inns scores: 143
Average 2nd Inns scores: 127
The highest total recorded: 211/3 (20 Ov) by SL vs PAK
The lowest total recorded: 55/10 (14.2 Ov) by WI vs ENG
The highest score chased: 184/8 (19.2 Ov) by SL vs BAN
Lowest score defended: 134/7 (20 Ov) by OMAN vs HK