Today Cricket Match Prediction, New Zealand vs India, 1st ODI Match. Who Will Win, On November 25, 2022
Table of Contents
The 1st ODI match of India’s tour of New Zealand, in 2022 is scheduled to be held on Friday, 25th November 2022 at Eden Park, Auckland.
New Zealand Reviews
New Zealand was not good in the T20 series and they were also lucky as they avoid whitewashing but lost the series by 1-0. Two out of three T20 matches were affected by the rain. New Zealand had made some key changes in their ODI squad. The skipper, Kane Williamson will be leading the batting order with Michael Bracewell, Daryl Mitchell, and James Neesham. It is very interesting as four wicketkeeper batters are in the squad of New Zealand.
Finn Allen, Glenn Phillips, Devon Conway, and Tom Latham are wicket keepers batsmen in the squad of New Zealand for this series of three matches against India. The bowling unit of New Zealand is also strong for this series. Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Adam Milne, and Tim Southee are the leading bowlers of New Zealand while Mitchell Santner is available in the squad as the fifth bowling option.
India performed well and won the T20 series. India had changed its captain but another team is almost the same as that was in the T20 series. The batting order of team India is very strong and experienced when we compare it with New Zealand. Shubman Gill and Shikhar Dhawan will open the batting inning for India while Suryakumar Yadav will come to bat at number three. Shreyas Iyer is also available in the squad of team India and we think that he will be batting at the number four position. Deepak Hooda and Washington Sundar will be handling the middle batting order of India.
Rishabh Pant and Sanju Samson are available as wicket keepers and we think that Rishabh Pant will get a chance to play in this match. Remember that Sanju Samson also not got any chance to play in the T20 series. The bowling unit of India is also stronger than New Zealand. Shardul Thakur had got a chance to play for India after a long time and we are sure that he will be part of the final playing eleven of this match. He will open the bowling inning for India with Deepak Chahar. Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, and Arshdeep Singh are also available in the bowling squad in India. We are sure that Arshdeep Singh will make his ODI debut in this match. Umran Malik is also part of the bowling unit of India. He did not get a chance to play for India in the T20 series but we are hoping that he will also make his debut in ODI cricket in this series.
New Zealand ODI History and Stats
New Zealand had played a total of 789 ODI matches where they won 363 matches and opposing teams won 380 matches. Their 40 matches ended with no result and six matches were tied.
India ODI History and Stats
India had played a total of 1014 ODI matches so far. They won 531 while other teams won 433 matches. 41 matches of India ended with no result and 9 matches were tied.
New Zealand vs India ODI History and Stats
New Zealand played 110 ODI matches against India where they won 49 matches and India won 55 matches. Their one match was tied and five matches came with no result.
According to match prediction, India is the favorite team to win this match. The reasons why India is a favorite team in this match, are mentioned below:
India won the T20 series and will be confident about this series
The batting order of India is very strong than New Zealand
The bowling unit of India is also strong and experienced
New Zealand has the advantage of home ground
Suryakumar Yadav is in superb form for India
We have no doubt that India is the best team when we compare it with New Zealand. They have strong batting order and bowling unit, so the winning chances of India for today’s match have been increased. The equation of winning the chances of both teams for today’s match is mentioned as under.
India has a 52% chance to win this match New Zealand has a 48% chance to win this match
The toss can play an important role in the decision of this match. According to our toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may elect to field first.
The 1st ODI match between New Zealand and India is going to be played at Eden Park, Auckland. This is one of the biggest venues in New Zealand in terms of crowd capacity. The pitch on this venue is good for batting. It also has a bit of help for the spin bowlers. As per the live cricket score, a total of 170 runs should be a par score.
The weather forecast in Auckland on match day is good. There are almost no chances of rain and we may have a full match to watch.
Probably Playing XI
New Zealand: Finn Allen, Devon Conway (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Adam Milne, Lockie Ferguson.
Captain: SK Yadav Vice-Captain: S Iyer
Devon Conway, Finn Allen, Glenn Phillips, Shikhar Dhawan, Deepak Hooda, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Y Chahal, L Ferguson
Match Date & Time
Date: Friday, 25th November 2022
Time: 01:30 AM GMT / 02:30 PM LOCAL / 07:00 AM IST
Stadium: Eden Park
Time Zone: UTC +13:00
Known as: Eden Park No. 1
Ends: Broadcasting End, Terraces End
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Home to: Auckland
Other Sports: it is home to Rugby
Curator: Mark Perham
Venue Scoring Pattern in ODIs
Total matches: 79
Matches won batting first: 30
Matches won bowling first: 44
Average 1st Inns scores: 220
Average 2nd Inns scores: 195
The highest total recorded: 340/5 (48.4 Ov) by NZ vs AUS
The lowest total recorded: 73/10 (26.3 Ov) by NZ vs SL
The highest score chased: 340/5 (48.4 Ov) by NZ vs AUS
The lowest score defended: 153/10 (39.5 Ov) by NZ vs ENG
New Zealand ODI Squad
Kane Williamson (c), Michael Bracewell, Finn Allen, Devon Conway (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Glenn Phillips, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Adam Milne, Lockie Ferguson, Daryl Mitchell.