The third game of the 2023 Asia Cup’s One Day International (ODI) tournament is set to take place on Sunday, September 10th, 2023. This thrilling match will feature Pakistan facing off against India at the iconic R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo.
In this tournament, Pakistan and India are gearing up for their second encounter. The initial clash between these two teams was inconclusive due to rain. Pakistan is entering its second Super Four match, having previously defeated Bangladesh. Winning this match would solidify their chances of securing one of the top two spots in the tournament. Meanwhile, India is embarking on their inaugural Super Four match after a convincing ten-wicket victory over Nepal in a rain-affected contest.
Pakistan has been in excellent form during this edition of the Asia Cup, maintaining an unblemished record with no losses. In their recent match against Bangladesh, Pakistan won the toss but was asked to field first. Their bowling unit delivered an exceptional performance, dismissing the entire Bangladesh team for a mere 194 runs in 38.4 overs. Virtually every bowler in the Pakistani squad contributed, with Haris Rauf leading the way, claiming four wickets in six overs while conceding only 19 runs.
Naseem Shah also made a significant impact, taking three wickets in 5.4 overs while giving away just 34 runs. Faheem Ashraf made his debut in this Asia Cup season, securing one wicket in seven overs with an economy of 27 runs. Iftikhar Ahmed and Shaheen Afridi each took one wicket, contributing to the team’s strong bowling performance.
Pakistan’s batting lineup was equally impressed as they successfully chased down the 194-run target in 39.3 overs. Imam-ul-Haq played a pivotal role, emerging as the highest run-scorer with 78 runs off 84 balls, featuring five boundaries and four towering sixes. Mohammad Rizwan also made a valuable contribution, remaining unbeaten with 63 runs. He faced 79 deliveries and struck seven boundaries along with a massive six during his innings.
India has also been a standout performer in this tournament, maintaining an unblemished record. They enter this match with a resounding victory over Nepal by a significant margin of ten wickets. After winning the toss, they chose to field first, and their bowling unit delivered a commendable performance. They conceded 230 runs and managed to dismiss the entire Nepal team in 48.2 overs. India utilized six bowlers in that match, with Ravindra Jadeja being the most successful, securing three wickets in his ten overs while conceding 40 runs.
Mohammad Siraj also impressed, claiming three wickets at the cost of 61 runs in 9.1 overs. Contributions came from Mohammad Shami, Hardik Pandya, and Shardul Thakur, each picking up one wicket. Kuldeep Yadav was the sole bowler from their side who did not secure a wicket.
India’s batsmen also made a strong showing, reaching 147 runs without losing a wicket in 20.1 overs before the match was halted and later decided via the DLS method. Rohit Sharma emerged as the highest run-scorer, amassing 74 runs off 59 balls, featuring six boundaries and five towering sixes. Shubman Gill also made a noteworthy contribution with 67 runs, facing 62 balls and striking eight boundaries along with a substantial six.
PAK vs IND Head-to-Head Records
In the realm of One Day International (ODI) cricket, Pakistan and India have locked horns in a total of 133 matches. Pakistan boasts a commendable record, emerging victorious in 73 of these encounters, while India has secured triumph in 55 matches. There remain five instances when the outcome of the matches between these two cricketing giants was inconclusive.
India undeniably possesses a formidable and seasoned ODI cricket team, and there’s little doubt that, at least on paper, they outshine Pakistan. As we analyze our Asia Cup predictions, India emerges as the favored team to triumph in this 3rd Match, and several factors substantiate this assertion:
India is an overall strong and experienced team, boasting a wealth of cricketing expertise.
Their batting lineup stands as a potent force, offering more experience compared to Pakistan’s roster.
While Pakistan exhibits a formidable bowling unit, India’s recent track record suggests their batting prowess has often been the difference-maker.
India has dominated recent encounters against Pakistan, clinching victory in six out of their last seven matches.
The Premadasa Stadium holds favorable memories for India, where they have emerged victorious in seven out of their eight previous matches, further solidifying their reputation as a strong contender in this fixture.
India’s ODI team presents a blend of seasoned veterans and emerging young talent. Their batting lineup is fortified with renowned hitters in the ODI format, further bolstering their prospects for victory in today’s match. The cricket match prediction for today’s contest unfolds as follows:
India is positioned with a 58% probability of clinching victory in this 3rd Match. Pakistan, while a formidable side, carries a 42% likelihood of winning this 3rd Match.
The toss is set to assume a crucial role in determining the outcomes of all the matches in the 2023 Asia Cup. Accumulating a substantial total on the scoreboard holds significant advantages, especially in high-stakes encounters like these. Based on our toss prediction, the team winning the coin toss is likely to opt for batting first.
The upcoming 3rd match of the 2023 Asia Cup ODI is scheduled to take place at the R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo. This venue is known for its flat batting surface, characterized by substantial pace and bounce. However, the pitch tends to slow down compared to others, offering advantageous conditions for spin bowlers. As the match progresses, we anticipate the surface to further decelerate, making batting a more challenging endeavor. Achieving a score of 270 to 280 runs is expected to be a formidable task for any team looking to chase.
Colombo has experienced a significant amount of rainfall recently, and the weather forecast for the upcoming match suggests that the conditions will not be excessively hot, potentially posing physical challenges for the players. Although there are predictions of cloud cover on match day, the weather forecast does not foresee any rainfall. Therefore, we anticipate that the 3rd Match will proceed without any interruptions, providing an uninterrupted and full cricketing experience.
Pak vs IND Probable Playing XI
Pakistan: Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Rizwan (w), Agha Salman, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Shaheen Afridi, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf.
Time: 09:30 AM GMT / 02:30 PM LOCAL / 03:00 PM IST
Stadium: R.Premadasa Stadium
Location: Colombo, Pakistan
Known as: Khettarama Stadium (until June 1994)
Ends: Khettarama End, Scoreboard End
Time Zone: UTC +05:30
Home to: Pakistan
Venue Scoring Pattern in ODIs
Total matches: 155
Matches won batting first: 84
Matches won bowling first: 61
Average 1st Inns scores: 232
Average 3rd Inns scores: 191
Highest total recorded: 375/5 (50 Ov) by IND vs SL
Lowest total recorded: 78/10 (33.1 Ov) by SLW vs ENGW
Highest score chased: 292/4 (48.3 Ov) by SL vs AUS
The lowest score defended: 170/10 (49.2 Ov) by WIW vs SLW
Babar Azam (C), Mohammad Rizwan (Wicket-Keeper), Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Agha Salman, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Shaheen Afridi, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf, Saud Shakeel, Mohammad Nawaz, Usama Mir, Abdullah Shafique, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Wasim Jr.
freecricprediction.com is not a sportsbook or bookmaker offering live betting or any other form of betting. freecricprediction.com is an individual review site with articles, reviews, and information on some of the top online Cricket betting sites. Our objective is to provide guidance and information on various cricket betting platforms, services to look for and strategies to follow, to make right betting decisions, when and if doing so. Reviews and information provided on freecricprediction.com is a result of our experts giving their own personal opinion, using self-collected research-based data. Opinion based views cannot provide 100% prediction in what’s going to happen in betting, so please register at a betting a site at your own risk. Though we do our best to cover accurate information, we do not take responsibility for any losses that may or may not incur as a result of, betting or gambling made by the visitor after following the given tips and provided information. Cricket betting is risky industry and you must not hold freecricprediction.com responsible for any loss incurred while betting.