Today Cricket Match Prediction, Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals, IPL T20, 64th Match. Who Will Win, On May 16, 2022
Table of Contents
The 64th match of IPL 2022 between Punjab Kings and Delhi Capitals will be played on Monday, 16 May 2022 at The Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai. The match will start at 07:30 PM local time.
Punjab Kings Reviews
The batting order of PBKS is strong and experienced and they have the services of the best batters in the world. Jonny Bairstow and Shikhar Dhawan are opening the batting inning of Punjab and had been good in IPL 2022. They had provided a good opening start in almost each and every match. B Rajapaksa, Liam Livingstone, and Mayank Agarwal are leading the top batting order while Jitesh Sharma, Harpreet Brar, Rishi Dhawan, and Rishi Dhawan are taking care of the lower batting order of PBKS. These all batters were good in the previous match against RCB and scored 209 runs in 20 overs. Liam Livingstone was the highest run-scorer with 70 runs to his name on just 42 balls with the help of five boundaries and four huge sixes. Bairstow was the other batter who had just good with the bat. He scored 66 runs on just 29 balls with the help of four boundaries and seven huge sixes. Dhawan scored 21 runs while Mayank Agarwal had 19 runs to his name. B Rajapaksa could not put some runs on the board but we know that he is the kind of player who can bounce back at any time in the game.
Delhi Capitals Reviews
DC had a good start to IPL 2022 but lost some matches in a row in the middle of the tournament. They bounced back and beat Rajasthan in the most recent match. The bowling department of Delhi had played a key role in each and every win for the team. Chetan Sakariya, Anrich Nortje, Shardul Thakur, Axar Patel, Mitchell Marsh, and Kuldeep Yadav are leading the bowling department of DC in IPL 2022. They also have some best bowlers of the T20 format of cricket on the bench strength. They were good in the most recent match against RR where they leaked just 160 runs in 20 overs. Chetan Sakariya was the most successful bowler in the previous match with two wickets to his name in four overs against 23 runs. Mitchell Marsh also picked two wickets in three overs while he was charged for 25 runs. Nortje was the other bowler who picked two wickets but he leaked a lot of runs. He was charged for 39 runs in four overs.
PBKS vs DC Head to Head Matches
Punjab had faced Delhi in 29 matches where they had won 14 matches while DC had won 15 matches against PBKS.
Performance of the Both Teams in Recent Five Matches
Punjab Kings had won two out of the most recent five matches they had played while Delhi Capitals had won three matches out of five recently played matches.
Punjab Kings is a strong and well-balanced team and has a strong batting and bowling department which is in good form. The batting and bowling squad of this team is much stronger at least on papers. According to today prediction, Punjab Kings is the favorite team who will win this match. There are many factors that make Punjab Kings a favorite team to win this match. Some of the key factors are mentioned as under:
The batting order of PBKS was good in the previous match
David Warner and Mitchell Marsh are in good form for DC
Both teams had been average in IPL 2022
Delhi had already beaten PBKS in IPL 2022
Delhi Capitals is overall a strong team when we compare with Punjab Kings. They have the best players in the t20 format of cricket. The batting order of this team is also strong and some well-known hitters of the t20 format are part of the squad of this team, so the winning chances of today’s match for the Delhi Capitals have been increased. The equation of who will win today’s cricket match prediction and who will win the cricket match today is mentioned as under.
Delhi Capitals have a 52% chance to win this match Punjab Kings have a 48% chance to win this match
The toss is going to play an important in the result of each and every match of IPL 2022 as we had observed in the previous matches. According to toss prediction, the team who will win the toss will elect to field first as defending had been difficult in the most recent matches of IPL.
Pitch Report and Conditions
The 64th match of IPL T20, 2022 is going to be held at the Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai. We had observed in the previous matches played here that the pitch here at this venue is good for batting in early overs. The track has a good amount of pace and bounce which allows the batsmen to the good cricketing shorts but this ground also have big boundaries which can be a plus point for the bowlers. A score of 190 plus seems to be a par score.
The weather forecast for Mumbai is good for this cricket match. There are almost no chances of rain in the region and we are hopeful that we will have a full match to enjoy.